Happy Thanksgiving 2010!
Here in the United States it's Thanksgiving! I began my day with a rigorous cardio workout at the gym, as I refuse to give up on my regained love for the gym. I came home, prepared my turkey, and shoved it in the oven. I made sure to bake my pumpkin pie last night, and I'll wait to make my stuffing until just before the turkey comes out. On the menu this year is turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes (though I'm still holding out hope for pseudo-brother-in-law to make sweet potatoes instead), cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, croissants, stuffing, and whatever else ends up getting put on my table. (MY BRAND NEW DINING ROOM TABLE, thank you very much!!!)
I cannot tell you how blessed I feel this year. My Partner and I are both gainfully employed and able to enjoy ourselves. I have great friends, fans, and podkin. My family is happy and healthy. In short, life is good and things are looking up. I finally feel like I might just be able to live my life out here in Chicagoland, complete with family and friends. (Something I wasn't so sure of this time last year.)
I cannot tell you all how your influence has continued to bless and enrich my life this past year. You make me feel valued and important, and everybody should be given that feeling. So, do that for someone in your life. Give thanks and gratitude for what you have, and then pass that feeling on to someone else. It's really rather easy to do. Just give a smile, a compliment, an act of kindness, and take heed of an opportunity to both learn and teach.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! May your table be filled with good eats and good people. Be thankful, be giving, and be good!
Love and Lyte,
With apologies to Liz Christy at Lizzie's Logic
- My Partner
- My Family
- The ability to not just pay my bills, but live well.
- The babies - Kika and Bella.
- Mountain Dew (and by extension my Tassimo)
- Good books and the fact that there's an endless supply of them
- THE RIOTERS!
- My herb garden that, for the first time ever, I have not killed. (Yet!)
- Desserts that involve peanut butter.
- Desserts in general.
- Tom Welling. Because, he's just so darn pretty.
- My kick ass decorating skills
- Velma Nightshade, because she deserves a point all her own.
- Crest Whitestrips
- Mountain Dew...oh wait...did I say that, already?
- A car that works.
- Mint chocolate chip Milkshakes