Friend of the show, author, and all around amazing person, Signe Pike, will be the special guest for this show, and we will continue our conversation about the need for tolerance in the pagan, magical, and spiritual communities.
I'm asking you to send in emails to IncitingARiotPodcast@gmail.com regarding the need for tolerance within our respective communities and towards those of other faiths. Some questions to consider:
- How have you been personally affected by Project Pagan Enough?
- Has it changed your personal outlook on treating others with respect?
- Do you feel that a movement like this is important in modern day paganism?
- What is a time that you were not shown tolerance or respect in a religious setting? (Witchy shop, church, open circle, spiritual gathering, holy place, etc.)
- How do you discuss your practice with people of another faith, and how do you respectfully answer questions that people ask of you?
- Have you ever been the one to treat someone poorly, without tolerance or respect, because of their newness to the path, their manner of dress, or some other aesthetic? Has PPE helped you to change the way you treat others of your same or different path?
It doesn't matter if you're Pagan, Christian, Hindu, or a Smurf, we can all appreciate the need for tolerance and respect of one another's beliefs, separating them from a person's looks, personal tastes, political views, or whether they recycle. None of our superficialities have anything to do with our place on our personal spiritual path, and we should not be judged by those measures.
So get those emails in by the morning of Wednesday, May 25! Also, of course, if you have any questions for Signe Pike regarding faeries or her book Faery Tale, send those along as well!
Love and Lyte,