I’ve always loved spells that looked like magic. Throwing salt into a fire creates all those sparkly fairy lights. Different minerals added to fire or water create really interesting color or smoke effects. You know; magic that takes you back to childhood wonderment. That’s why I love this ridiculously easy, witchy cleansing spell. Best of all it uses ingredients you already have in your kitchen!
- Gather up a writing implement, tea bag (the cheap kind that’s stapled at the top), scissors, and either matches or a lighter.
- Cut off the top of the tea bag in a straight, horizontal line. Try to keep this as flat a cut as possible.
- Dump out the tea and flatten out the bag. You should have a tube.
- Write on the empty tea bag tube something you want to remove from your life. This can be an emotion such as fear, an abstract concept such as debt (or you can write down the specific amount of debt), or something very specific like a person or wanting to be out of your current job.
- Then, take the flattened tea bag, make a tube out of it, and stand it on its end. At this point you could say some words of intention or make some gestures. You could stand the bag on a banishing sigil. You can really go all out with this. As for me, I tend to just stand it on whatever countertop I happen to be near at the time.
- Light it on fire.
- Be amazed.